Timber Floor Sanding
Floor Sanding Process
Sanding a timber floor correctly is quite an involved process. An optimal result requires specialist machinery and an experienced operator.
- Before work begins the floor area should be cleared (all furniture removed). Skirting board typically also needs to be removed to ensure these are not damaged by heavy sanding machinery.
- With existing timber floors we then remove or punch down adhesives, old nails, carpet underlay and staples, making repairs or replacements of boards as required.
- Once preparation is complete the main floor area will receive a drum or belt sand with coarse grit sand paper to help level out the floor. Around the edges a perimeter sand is performed.
- Once sanded the timber floors are then thoroughly vacuumed, removing all remnants of dust particles so they can then be quickly sealed - before any further dust contamination has a chance to enter from other parts of the house.
Timber Floor Repairs
It can sometimes be difficult to fill larger cracks in timber floor boards as wood tends to expand or shrink over time. The Floor Enhancers team can check your floor boards prior to sanding to see if any cracks/scratches can be repaired or whether the floor boards affected will need to be replaced.
Timber Floor Benefits
- ALLERGY FREE FLOORING CHOICE
Unlike many floor coverings timber floors will not trap dust and other materials which contribute to allergy and respiratory problems.
- EASY TO CLEAN
Timber floors allow for spills to be quickly and easily swept or mopped up often leaving no lasting stains or marks.
- NATURALLY BEAUTIFUL
Being naturally warm and attractive, timber floors help create a relaxing and comfortable environment, turning a house into a home.
- LONG LASTING & DURABLE
A timber floor is an investment for a lifetime – it not only adds value to the home but also gives it character and life. A correctly finished timber floor will look great for many years.
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY
Floor Enhancers can offer waterborne polyurethane floor coatings which contain no nasty chemicals or odours and create a durable barrier to protect your wooden floor.
Our Values Clients
The floor looks great, Brent adhered to the original quote and the job was completed as scheduled, thanks Brent
I had Brent sand and polyurethane our kitchen area fill the gaps between the floor boards and colour the floor then polyurethane over the top. Outstanding job, thanks Brent
I had Brent grind our garage floor and apply 2 coats epoxy resin with a satin finish, great finish pleasure to deal with great with communication, thanks Brent
Awesome dealing with Brent. Good communication, great result. Did the work to a really tight schedule. Will definitely use again.
I had Brent come over to sand and polyurethane floors he did an exceptional job, no short cuts on budget and good communication. The floors were finished on time, thanks Brent
Brent polished our concrete floors in our new house lounge kitchen dining area to a high gloss finish couldn't be happier with the finished out come
We needed our floors sanded in the lounge, dining and kitchen. The floor boards had turned a yellow colour due to sunlight being directly on them for a few years. Brent suggested we colour our floors to a medium oak colour the completed floors look great. Job was completed on time, well priced and the area left clean and tidy.